[OpenAFS-devel] Re: 1.4.1-rc1 Tiger question and issue.

Ken Hornstein kenh@cmf.nrl.navy.mil
Mon, 24 Oct 2005 14:04:19 -0400

>The behavior the comment is talking about is that if you try to send
>a packet and there is no route (or it is on the local network and not
>answering ARP's, or...), then you will get an error on the syscall where
>you send the packet.

Fair enough.  The original context to this message was Jeff Altman asked
the original poster if there was a firewall was returning ICMP messages,
or was it silently dropping the packets, _that's_ why I said, "Hey, I
don't think this matters for OpenAFS".

BTW, don't most operating systems return ENETUNREACH if there is no
route to it, or not answering an arp?  Should that really be in a Linux-only
#ifdef?

--Ken