[OpenAFS-devel] 1.4.0 rc4 hpux process hang

Joe Buehler jbuehler@spirentcom.com
Mon, 31 Oct 2005 13:45:49 -0500

I have some hung sshd daemons on an HPUX 11.0 machine
running 1.4.0-rc4.  The binary is coming from AFS.  In the
past I have gotten around this by not running out of AFS,
but I would like to get this debugged if possible.

Looking at it with q4, it looks as though it is trying
to exit.  kill -9 doesn't do anything to the process, so
I assume something is being held by the process that prevents
it from dying.

Does anyone here have any HPUX kernel knowledge?  I would be
happy to poke around with q4 if you could provide some guidance.
--
Joe Buehler