[OpenAFS-devel] "aklog -version" in 1.4.1?

Adam Megacz megacz@cs.berkeley.edu
Thu, 06 Apr 2006 21:38:39 -0700

I've had a couple of really frustrating moments lately relating to
different versions of aklog and their differing capabilities (the one
included with 1.4.1rc10 is optimal, however).

Is it too late for me to submit a patch that would add a "-version"
(or "--version", or "-v") flag to the bundled aklog for 1.4.1?  I know
it's in the only-the-critical-fixes stage, but I think I can make a
pretty good argument that it wouldn't get near anything that could
cause a bug.

The mere presence of the flag (ie it not causing an error) would
easily distinguish 1.4.1 from all prior versions, and future versions
would be identifiable this way.

  - a

--
PGP/GPG: 5C9F F366 C9CF 2145 E770  B1B8 EFB1 462D A146 C380