[OpenAFS-devel] aklog on MacOS X was Re: Service Ticket > Questions

hays@ibiblio.org hays@ibiblio.org
Tue, 18 Apr 2006 11:40:03 -0400

FWIW, I've taken Ragnar's code and kind suggestions, cut it to ribbons, and
built a version that just runs a script when you authenticate against
kerberos. I do not pretend that it's pretty or good, and I'm not a
programmer, but it works on my machine.

The plugin calls an external script, and in my case all the script does is
run aklog (we're still a k4 only cell).

This is really just a kind of test case/proof of concept--I've been
thinking that a plugin that calls a script might be a reasonable way to go
because it can be used for other functions than just getting tokens and
increases flexibility for those of us who'd rather not leave the realms of
shell scripts. I'm sure that there are lots of reasons to not do it this
way....

I'm still finishing up disclaimers and acknowledgements, but if anyone
would like to play with it, just send me an email. I'll post a link once
I'm happier with the documentation.

bil

--On Monday, April 10, 2006 12:01 PM -0400

--

bil hays