[OpenAFS-devel] openafs-1.4.1 build failure on RHEL3 -- aklog fails to build

Ken Hornstein kenh@cmf.nrl.navy.mil
Wed, 19 Apr 2006 13:26:51 -0400

>I suspect if we ask the user base they would prefer #2.  I don't think
>it would be TOO hard to write a test that adds "-lkrb524" to LIBS and
>checks again for appropriate symbol....

Dumb question time.  Can you _not_ solve this by simply doing:

configure [...] --with-krb5 KRB5LIBS="-L/usr/kerberos/lib -lkrb5 -lk5crypto -lcom_err -lkrb524"

... and possibly a few other options, but you get the idea.

That would mean that you don't use krb5-config on RHEL3, but I don't think
that's terrible (especially since RHEL3 ships with a version of Kerberos
that OpenAFS explicitly decided not to support).

--Ken