[OpenAFS-devel] salvager stuck on one file?

Miles Davis miles@CS.Stanford.EDU
Thu, 20 Apr 2006 13:27:48 -0700

On Thu, Apr 20, 2006 at 09:57:28AM +0200, Hartmut Reuter wrote:

> >(fd 7 is /vicepe/AFSIDat/x/xc2+U/special/zzzzPoXG++0, if that helps)
> >
> >Upping the debug level on the file server via -TSTP doesn't seem to
> >provide any information. After a couple of hours it will finish.
> >
> That's the special volume file containing the link counts for all files
> of the volume group belonging to the RW-volume 536889917.
> The salvager reads and checks the link counts for all files in the
> volume group. So far it looks correctly. How many files are in that volume?

Ah -- a few hundred thousand. :) That makes more sense now.

OK, on a side now, how do you decode that filename? I've been googling around
for that for a while, but couldn't find anything.

--
// Miles Davis - miles@cs.stanford.edu - http://www.cs.stanford.edu/~miles
// Computer Science Department - Computer Facilities