[OpenAFS-devel] salvager stuck on one file?

Miles Davis miles@CS.Stanford.EDU
Thu, 20 Apr 2006 13:55:06 -0700

On Thu, Apr 20, 2006 at 04:37:54PM -0400, Ken Hornstein wrote:
> >Ah -- a few hundred thousand. :) That makes more sense now.
> >
> >OK, on a side now, how do you decode that filename? I've been googling around
> >for that for a while, but couldn't find anything.
>
> It's some representation of the FID (well, okay, this isn't a FID in this
> case ... it's one of the "special" files).  The algoritm to do the name
> translation is in src/vol/namei_ops.c.

Oh, excellent:

 The format of a file name for a regular file is:
 V1 - low 8 bits of RW volume id
 V2 - all bits of RW volume id
 AA - high 8 bits of vnode number.
 BB - next 9 bits of vnode number.

 Volume special files are stored in a separate directory:

Thanks!

--
// Miles Davis - miles@cs.stanford.edu - http://www.cs.stanford.edu/~miles
// Computer Science Department - Computer Facilities