[OpenAFS-devel] NAT Patch and bugfix for vlserver

Tommie Gannert d00-tga@d.kth.se
Wed, 26 Apr 2006 17:15:22 +0200 (MEST)

Hi!

I've been trying to make my behind-NAT AFS-server do backups to
a butc-server behind another NAT.

That didn't work because the vlserver keeps sending the file servers'
first address instead of the one matching the client address. vlnat
is a patch against 1.4.0 which

 1) Makes vlserver choose the best fs-address based on the number of
    common address-bits of the RX-client.

 2) Patches butc to always ask the VLDB. (Previously, the first pass
    used the volume locations given by the buserver. This won't work
    if the buserver is inside NAT and butc is not.)

It appears you are working on NAT-friendliness, so I thought I would
share this.

Second, 1.4.1 contains a typo in vlserver.c. During command
line processing, instead of argv[index] it says argv[i]. i is
uninitialized. It's the "rxmaxmtu" case.

(Isn't anyone else using "-syslog"?)

Thanks,
Tommie Gannert