[OpenAFS-devel] Installing 1.4.1 on AIX 5.3 fails

Tom Keiser tkeiser@gmail.com
Wed, 26 Apr 2006 13:06:23 -0400

On 4/26/06, Hamish Marson <hamish@travellingkiwi.com> wrote:

> The BUILD for v1.4.1 on AIX 5.3 works like a charm... But trying to do
> a make install on a system WITHOUT AFS already installed results in

> Target "depinstall" is up to date.
>         cd src && cd fsint && make install
>         /usr/local/src/openafs-1.4.1/src/pinstall/pinstall libafsint.a
> /usr/local/lib/afs/libafsint.a
>         /usr/local/src/openafs-1.4.1/src/pinstall/pinstall afsint.h
> /usr/local/include/afs/afsint.h
>         /usr/local/src/openafs-1.4.1/src/pinstall/pinstall afscbint.h
> /usr/local/include/afs/afscbint.h
> Target "install" is up to date.
>         cd src && cd export && make install
> make: Cannot find a rule to create target
> /usr/local/lib/openafs/export.ext from dependencies.
> Stop.
> make: The error code from the last command is 2.

Harnish,

We fixed that last year, but the fix never propagated to the stable
branch.  For the moment you have two options: (1) do a make dest and
manually install the rs_aix53 dest tree, or (2) download and apply the
diff attached to RT ticket 20827 located at:
http://rt.central.org/rt/index.html?q=3D20827

Regards,

-Tom