[OpenAFS-devel] Put definition of AFS_USEBUFFERS before it is used

Bob Hoffman hoffman@cs.pitt.edu
Thu, 27 Apr 2006 10:30:25 -0400

Troy Benjegerdes wrote:
> On Thu, Apr 06, 2006 at 11:22:47PM -0400, Derrick J Brashear wrote:
>> On Thu, 6 Apr 2006, Troy Benjegerdes wrote:
>>
>>> With the change from #if AFS_USEBUFFERS to #if defined(AFS_USEBUFFERS),
>>> no one is *ever* going to see that OSF is broken unless they test it. I
>>> noticed originally because of a compile warning and thought I should at
>>> least
>>> notify someone instead of forgetting about it again.
>>>
>> Like the OSF that we desupported?
>
> So would anyone accept a patch that rips out all the unused OSF code,
> and makes things more maintainable?

A couple of my users still require OSF, so I need to have some kind of
working OpenAFS code.  I've been trying to compile 1.4.1 under 5.0A,
but it looks like the OSF code was deleted or moved in several places
making it hard for me to figure out what should go where.

1.2.13 still works, so I'll stick with that if I have to.

	---Bob.