[OpenAFS-devel] Windows OpenAFS Client 1.4.2 + IP ACLs

Todd M. Lewis Todd_Lewis@unc.edu
Fri, 01 Dec 2006 15:15:09 -0500

Erik Osterman wrote:
> Is there any reason why IP ACLs would not be working for a Windows
> client? We're successfully using IP ACLs for our linux clients. On the
> Windows machine, we can login using tokens, but if we discard the tokens
> and only rely on the IP ACL, we always get "Access Denied".
>
> Any ideas?
>
> Regards,
>
> Erik Osterman

File servers are not instantly aware of IP ACL changes. It can take them
a while (I'm thinking up to two hours, but I have no idea where that
number came from) before a given server will acknowledge an IP ACL change.
    / Todd_Lewis@unc.edu  919-445-9302  http://www.unc.edu/~utoddl /
   /    "I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter    /
  /            saying I approved of it." - Mark Twain            /