[OpenAFS-devel] Refactoring the Solaris libafs code base

Sean O'Malley omalleys@msu.edu
Tue, 26 Dec 2006 18:40:21 -0500 (EST)

On Mon, 25 Dec 2006, Dale Ghent wrote:

> 1) Proposal to cut off support for revisions less than Solaris 2.6.

Okay by me, I think we phased out all of our solaris 7 machines, and if
some of our machines had more then 256M of RAM solaris 8 would probably be
gone too.

> 2) Clean up src/afs/SOLARIS code.

I -just- submitted a patch to clean up missing string.h headers.
basically it either added a string.h header file or changed
#include <string.h> to:

#ifdef HAVE_STRING_H
#include <string.h>
#else
#ifdef HAVE_STRINGS_H
#include <strings.h>
#endif
#endif

And a couple of places where the afs headers werent getting pulled in
where HAVE_STRING_H is being defined.. It was done almost everywhere
except the NT/ branch.

(I assume strings.h is needed by the BSD port because it doesnt have
string.h thus I left it in..)

If you want this patch before it gets applied to cvs head. Let me know. I
can send it to ya.

I was going to attempt to ifdef fcntl.h and add it next...

ie basically the same as string.h but

#ifdef HAVE_FCNTL_H
#include <fcntl.h>
#endif

This should mainly fix open/open64 implicit declarations.

Sean

  Sean O'Malley, Information Technologist
  Michigan State University