[OpenAFS-devel] Refactoring the Solaris libafs code base

Sean O'Malley omalleys@msu.edu
Thu, 28 Dec 2006 08:58:41 -0500 (EST)

I can rewrite the patch, I -know- it is ugly. I was just trying not to
break anything and stole that ifdef line from another part of the code. :)

Should I wait until the other mega-patch is applied to the trunk?

Is it consensus that I can eliminate the ifdef's for fcntl.h in the
windows code and just include it? (there are a number of places where it
is ifdef'd to be included for windows or NT4.. )

Is linux/string.h the kernel string code? I saw that in like one
spot or is that legacy?

So my rules are:
1. stay away from places where kernel is defined.

2. eliminate unecessary ifdefs for other platforms according to the list
that Russ gave for standard includes.

3. it is safe to use ELIF instead of two ifdef's..

Is there anything else I should be aware of?

  Sean O'Malley, Information Technologist
  Michigan State University