[OpenAFS-devel] bosserver cleanup

Tom Keiser tkeiser@gmail.com
Wed, 1 Feb 2006 12:12:53 -0500

On 2/1/06, Christof Hanke <hanke@rzg.mpg.de> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm about to pthread the bosserver, but beforehand I thought, a little
> code cleanup might be helpful.
> The patch deals mostly with the logging.
> You can also find it under
> /afs/ipp-garching.mpg.de/home/h/hanke/public/openafs/bozo-patch
>
> Anybody else already working on the ptheaded bozo ?
>
> Hope it helps.
> Christof

Instead of writing yet another backend logging implementation (we have
far too many as it is), I think it would be a good idea to rework the
patch to tie into the util/serverLog and/or the auditing framework.
Code reuse is a good thing :)

Secondly, we should really be using strlcat and strlcpy in newly
written code.  For consistency's sake, I'd also suggest using the
Log(...) variadic style interface, like basically all the other server
processes do.

Good luck with porting bosserver to pthreads.  That will definitely be
a nice contribution.

Regards,

-Tom