[OpenAFS-devel] OpenAFS on FreeBSD 6.1-BETA (lwp and -fPIC problems)

Jim Rees rees@umich.edu
Sat, 18 Feb 2006 13:40:36 -0500

process.o is not part of the kernel module.  So either you've got a bug in
the module building or, more likely, "unexpected relocation type 7" is
coming from somewhere else.

First step would be to use nm to verify that process.o is not getting linked
in with your libafs.ko.

The message could just be a side-effect of the undefined copyinstr symbol,
so the next step would be to fix that.

I will be installing the 6.1 beta as soon as a snapshot is available and can
help out a bit more then, although I will have i386, not amd64.