[OpenAFS-devel] cvs build 7FEB06

Jeffrey Hutzelman jhutz@cmu.edu
Tue, 21 Feb 2006 17:28:31 -0500

On Thursday, February 09, 2006 09:36:22 PM -0600 "Christopher D. Clausen"
<cclausen@acm.org> wrote:

> Jeffrey Hutzelman <jhutz@cmu.edu> wrote:
>> On Thursday, February 09, 2006 07:21:54 PM -0600 "Christopher D.
>> Clausen" <cclausen@acm.org> wrote:
>>
>>> What sort of info would be useful for this bug report?  I have output
>>> from regen, configure and make for both the non-working and the
>>> working versions.
>>
>> A description of the symptoms, obviously.
>> If you think autoconf tools are the problem, then the versions of the
>> tools you used for both the working and nonworking cases, and copies
>> of the config.status output from both cases.
>
> If I can prove an auto* version problem I will file a bug...
>
> I figured I'd better make sure I was correctly building things, so I
> pulled the "openafs-stable-1_4_1-rc6" branch from cvs and attempted to
> compile it.  That worked with both the old and new versions of the auto*
> tools.  Sorry to be a bother.  I guess there is some weird issue with the
> code in CVS right now.  I'll simply wait for the next rc before I start
> rumors of non-existant problems.  I will note that I should have believed
> the README that stated the current cvs branch might not always work on
> any given day.

Oh; I wouldn't trust the CVS head very far, except the tagged releases.
The openafs-stable-* versions are usually somewhat better about building,
but the gatekeepers are sometimes sloppy, or in a hurry to get something
committed even if it isn't known to work on every platform yet.