[OpenAFS-devel] Re: 2.6.16 linux and d_cache

William John Murray w.j.murray@rl.ac.uk
Mon, 27 Feb 2006 21:53:57 +0000

On Fri, 2006-02-24 at 00:45 +0100, William John Murray wrote:
>   Hello all,
>          I am still trying to get AFS on 2.6.16 linux.
> The latest snapshots, and 1.5.0 have a new routine in afs_callback.c
> which does not compile:
> 'struct dentry=E2=80=99 has no member named =E2=80=98d_child'
>=20

Thanks Marc...this fixes the d_child.
There is another oddity. The routine uses AFSTOI and ITOAFS,
but these don't seem to exist. I THINK AFSTOV and VTOAFS replace them I
think? But how come no one else has trouble with them?

   Anyway, this brings me back to my problem of a couple of weeks ago:

libafs: falsely claims to have parameter sys_call_table_addr

on inserting the library...I still have no idea what to do with that.
    Bill