[OpenAFS-devel] Re: 2.6.16 linux and d_cache

Marc Dionne dionne@cs.wisc.edu
Mon, 27 Feb 2006 21:39:25 -0500

Hi Bill,

I managed to compile and run the current CVS head on a 2.6.15-1.1977=
=20
kernel (FC5), modulo the following adjustments:

1 - Patch to acinclude.m4 that I posted earlier, to enable the=20
STRUCT_INODE_HAS_I_MUTEX flag
2 - Replacing AFSTOI by AFSTOV, and ITOAFS by VTOAFS in afs_callback.=
c.=20
(like you, don't now where these are supposed to be defined)
3 - Changing a "register int" declaration to "int" in ubik/vote.c to=
=20
work around a compiler crash
4 - Finally, compiling a new kernel with this patch:=20
http://www.ussg.iu.edu/hypermail/linux/kernel/0602.2/0936.html

I haven't used it extensively, but so far it seems functional.

Cheers,
Marc