[OpenAFS-devel] Re: 2.6.16 linux and d_cache

chas williams - CONTRACTOR chas@cmf.nrl.navy.mil
Tue, 28 Feb 2006 09:24:21 -0500

In message <4403BC22.7010801@cs.wisc.edu>,Marc Dionne writes:
>>> libafs: falsely claims to have parameter sys_call_table_addr
>>
>> i guess i would just ignore this.  it means that afs couldnt find
>> the bits it needs for pag support.  this broken on later kernels
>> when the sys_call_table became read only and "unpatchable".
>
>Can't ignore it, since it causes the module load to fail.

well i was wrong with my guess.  it looks like its a MODULE_PARM
in the osi_probe code.  i guess something has changed in the
later kernels about how you handle module parameters.  it
seems you should use module_param() instead of MODULE_PARAM().