[OpenAFS-devel] Couple of notes on jafs

Peter Somogyi psomogyi@gamax.hu
Tue, 31 Jan 2006 17:55:46 +0100

On Tuesday 31 January 2006 14:25, Leif Johansson wrote:
> (minor) ACL.c, Internal.c and FileInputStream.c need an extra
> #include <errno.h>
Then you should remove those "extern int errno;" lines, too.
On my machine this error doesn't appear.

> (major) This may never (I fear) work with java 1.5 because of how
> Comparable is treated. In 1.5 it is a generic (sorta like a parametrized
> interface) and because of the fact that org.openafs.jafs.File wants to
> be a (inherit from) java.io.File it (org.openafs.jafs.File) won't
> build. It may be the case that this approach is unworkable for java 1.5
> but I will look into it.

I've never tested 1.5 (except now).
You should remove those "compareTo" methods and "implement Comparable".
(I "guess" nobody relies on that comparsion; if I were the maintainer I would accept such a change into openafs.)

After then it works for me (I've run testAFS.java; "most" of the functions work - with restrictions).

Peter