[OpenAFS-devel] not sure what to do about rlim --- also on other 64 bit machines?

chas williams - CONTRACTOR chas@cmf.nrl.navy.mil
Fri, 30 Jun 2006 23:02:32 -0400

In message <961441717AB3C0B5A6D0503D@mariner.pc.cs.cmu.edu>,Jeffrey Hutzelman writes:
>AC_TRY_COMPILE, which was sort of the point.  Note that the Makefile should
>be setting EXTRA_CFLAGS, not CFLAGS.

i was under the impression that CFLAGS += is fine but it doesnt matter
much one way or the other.

>Assuming this appears to work, we should put this in a release, but with a
>configure switch that allows falling back to the old method.

i remove the 2.6 specific stuff from the BUILD24 macro.  its difficult to
get it right.  which subarch?  do i force the include of autoconf.h?  for
2.4 kernels as well?  i suppose it could be put back, but then people
would be tempted to maintain it against 2.6 kernels.