[OpenAFS-devel] setgroups() fails to change pag under linux 2.6

David Thompson thomas@cs.wisc.edu
Fri, 14 Jul 2006 14:04:54 -0500

"Todd M. Lewis" wrote:
>Isn't joining an existing PAG just Wrong? I can see how it would be
>convenient to do certain thing, but are you really supposed to be doing
>those things? This seems like a back door to me. -- Todd Lewis

Yes and no.  The issue in our application is that we need to make many
authentications quickly (mostly for the same pts ids over and over), and
cannot afford the 1 pag per second cost to create a new pag each time we need
one.

So for us it is 1) a workaround of a different problem, and/or 2) a
performance enhancement.

Dave