[OpenAFS-devel] keyring/pag support for linux

Derrick J Brashear shadow@dementia.org
Mon, 17 Jul 2006 18:24:20 -0400 (EDT)

On Sun, 16 Jul 2006, chas williams wrote:

> below is a sample implementation of keyring/pag support for linux kernels.
> i had access to some previous code (thanks derrick) but some of the
> kernel interfaces used in keyring have changed since that code compiled.
> this led me down a slightly different path.
>
> it seems like a bad idea to duplicate some of the work the kernel
> already does (like installing a new session keyring), but we cant get
> access to these routines from a kernel module.  so, the only part that

There's a patch from David Howells which makes the ability to make a
session keyring from a kernel module, I guess it never got into shipping
kernels.

> the drawback to this, is that you need the keyutils library (and any
> program using setpag() will need to link with the keyutils as well).

Which is precisely why I hadn't finished this, I was trying like the
plague to avoid it.