[OpenAFS-devel] keyring/pag support for linux

chas williams - CONTRACTOR chas@cmf.nrl.navy.mil
Tue, 18 Jul 2006 10:46:05 -0400

In message <27000.1153230792@warthog.cambridge.redhat.com>,David Howells writes
:
>It might be possible if you'll tell me what you want.

i believe we need to do the equivalent of a keyctl_join_session_keyring.
the proper version of this uses rcu so openafs can't use it becuase
its gpl.  i suspect others might want to do this as well and everyone
shouldnt need to implement install_session_keyring().  i can add a key
using key_create_or_update() from kernel space.

i thought about doing a search for the session keyring and if it
exists, then do a key_alloc/key_link.  this would keep the old "broken"
behavior for people who dont happen to have a session keyring.

>any patch I put any specifically for OpenAFS.  As far as he's concerned, it's
>illegal to load OpenAFS into the kernel because you violate the licence:-(

yet the kernel allows you to do so.  using the keyring would let us
violate the license less i would suspect.

>Btw, I would make your key use 0 as the data length for quota purposes since
>you have no data allocated beyond the core stuff, ad that's accounted
>separately.

ok.

>	 syscall(SYS_add_key, "afspag", desc, (void *) &pag,
>	 	sizeof(afs_uint32), KEY_SPEC_SESSION_KEYRING);

its unappealing.