[OpenAFS-devel] keyring/pag support for linux

Russ Allbery rra@stanford.edu
Tue, 18 Jul 2006 08:40:15 -0700

David Howells <dhowells@redhat.com> writes:

> The problem I've got is that I discussed this with another kernel
> engineer who, when I mentioned this was for OpenAFS, promised that he'd
> get Linus to revert any patch I put any specifically for OpenAFS.  As
> far as he's concerned, it's illegal to load OpenAFS into the kernel
> because you violate the licence:-(

Linus has specifically said the opposite, naming OpenAFS in particular,
many times, so at least on the merits of that objection he's going to
lose.  Provided that Linus is consistent, and I would hope Linux would be.