[OpenAFS-devel] keyring/pag support for linux

Derrick J Brashear shadow@dementia.org
Wed, 19 Jul 2006 11:44:21 -0400 (EDT)

On Wed, 19 Jul 2006, Jim Rees wrote:

> I would not have a problem with seeing this code or something like it in the
> cvs head.  It is clearly not a complete solution and I would not want it to
> move into 1.5 or 1.4 until we do have a coherent plan.  But we've been
> talking about this for years with little or no forward movement.  If some
> code appeared in cvs, at least we would have a starting point, and could
> talk about transition plans and compatibility issues.

Nothing stops us from talking about it now, either. In order to not have a
flag day, we need one more piece which we can't add on our own. Given
that, it doesn't matter whether we commit this code now or later, only
when we choose the flag day to be.

Derrick