[OpenAFS-devel] Solaris 10 6/06 (update 2) crash (not the gafs_rename() one)

Jeffrey Hutzelman jhutz@cmu.edu
Thu, 20 Jul 2006 17:51:10 -0400

On Thursday, July 20, 2006 04:40:13 PM -0400 William Setzer
<William_Setzer@ncsu.edu> wrote:

> I'm using the OpenAFS 1.4.1 distribution pre-compiled for Solaris 10
> sparc.  Under Solaris 10 update 2, I get the following panic if the
> machine is running as an NFS server and some (unknown) NFS request
> comes in:

How long does it take this to happen?  Can you use tcpdump to capture the
NFS traffic and figure out what request is triggering this?

Are you running the AFS/NFS translator, or is the NFS server unrelated to
AFS?  If the former, are your clients doing lookups involving @sys?

   Sr. Research Systems Programmer