[OpenAFS-devel] delete volume error

Russ Allbery rra@stanford.edu
Fri, 21 Jul 2006 11:12:29 -0700

chechu chechu <chechuironman@hotmail.com> writes:

> sorry I send the weong capture...the vcolume is created:

> vos create shogun.ironman.es a root.afs -localauth
> Volume root.afs already exists
> Error in vos create command.
> Failed: 65280

> Cell setup failed, ABORTING
> bos shutdown shogun.ironman.es -localauth -wait
> bos delete shogun.ironman.es fs -localauth
> bos delete shogun.ironman.es vlserver -localauth
> bos delete shogun.ironman.es ptserver -localauth
> rm /var/lib/openafs/db/prdb*
> bos removeuser shogun.ironman.es chechu.admin -localauth

> how can i remove it, for the scripts works (afs-newcel)

The setup process broke, probably because the prerequisites weren't
actually met properly and in the process of running it multiple times you
ended up with a new cell only half set up.  The best way to start over
would be to uninstall all of the packages, delete the database, wipe the
disk partition, install them again, and start over.

The script that comes with sarge is sometimes broken, yes.  I recommend
using the version of OpenAFS from backports.org instead, which includes
the fixes.