[OpenAFS-devel] mount-point inode-number inconsistencies with openafs-1.4.1

chas williams - CONTRACTOR chas@cmf.nrl.navy.mil
Thu, 01 Jun 2006 11:09:39 -0400

In message <447EFB65.7040005@strike.wu-wien.ac.at>,Alexander Bergolth writes:
>>>$ ls -id1 . backup backup/backup
>>>278020792 .
>>>193265714 backup
>>>193265714 backup/backup
>>
>> here you switch to from the original path to a new path so
>> the inode number changed.
>
>Hmm - I didn't get it...
>Working directory is /afs/wu-wien.ac.at/home/edvz/skamrada and I'm
>referencing . backup and backup/backup, so it's 3 paths (and 3 mount
>points), isn't it?

so . isnt the logs directory?  its /afs/wu-wien.ac.at/home/edvz/skamrada?

>/afs/wu-wien.ac.at/home/edvz/skamrada/logs
>/afs/wu-wien.ac.at/home/edvz/skamrada/logs/backup
>/afs/wu-wien.ac.at/home/edvz/skamrada/logs/backup/backup

this really makes me think that . is logs.  so you describe your
problem layout again? along with fs lsm for each of the components.