[OpenAFS-devel] Re: Problem with IP address based ACL?

Joe Buehler jbuehler@spirentcom.com
Wed, 21 Jun 2006 07:46:45 -0400

Deon George wrote:

> When I start the openafs-client, the host can successfully read the directory
>  unauthenticated (and the contents below it).
>
> After some time, openafs refuses (unauthenticated) access - and a restart of
> the openafs-client re-enables it.

I just had a similar problem -- IP-based access that was working
suddenly not working -- on a CentOS 4.3 system running the
official 1.4.1 RPMs, but had ascribed it to the fact that the machine
was just set up.  Perhaps there is something else going on.  In my
case I believe I did a bos restart on the servers that reside on
the machine -- fileserver, pts, kas and that cured it.
--
Joe Buehler