[OpenAFS-devel] not sure what to do about rlim --- also on other 64 bit machines?

Jeffrey Hutzelman jhutz@cmu.edu
Thu, 29 Jun 2006 11:45:28 -0400

On Thursday, June 29, 2006 02:56:49 PM +0200 Moritz Kiese <mbk@mytum.de>
wrote:

> /usr/src/openafs-1.4.1/src/afs/LINUX/osi_machdep.h:55:2: error: #error
> Not sure what to do about rlim (should be in the Linux task struct
> somewhere....)

This message is secret code for "the configure script failed to figure out
what is going on".  You are going to have all sorts of problems unless you
fix the underlying issue instead of trying to manually hack around the
tests which actually result in compilation errors.

Usually, the problem is that configure couldn't compile anything against
the kernel headers.  This may be because you're using the wrong compiler,
or the wrong kernel headers, or that you don't have the kernel headers
installed at all.

Some of the problems you described _might_ be the result of post-2.6.16
changes that OpenAFS doesn't know about yet, and which were backported by
SuSE into their "2.6.16.13" kernel.  But before going down that path, I
suggest you solve the configuration issue.

   Sr. Research Systems Programmer