[OpenAFS-devel] FC5 and openafs 1.4.1

Deon George deon@wurley.net
Sun, 7 May 2006 00:08:20 +1000

Hi,

I've just started playing with OpenAFS - and I really like it.

I've been trying to setup a few things, without success and googling hasnt
turned up anything useful - so I'm wondering if I am trying to achieve
something that is not possible.

I am using FC5 - and I have a running AFS environment. When I SSH into my
system, I can successfully klog and write to my afs directory.

I would like to be able to:

* SSH in without needing to run klog (then my home dir can be on afs), but I
cant seem to get a token - I'm guessing because I login with SSH keys only. Is
there any way of SSHing in with SSH keys and getting an afs token? Id
appreciate an example. (Id like to be able to use SCP from another host, to an
AFS directory).

* FTP - I setup VSFTPD, thinking that PAM processing would result in token -
but not joy there either? Is it possible? I'd appreciate a config example here to.

* TELNET - I setup telnet and it works great (I dont want to use telnet) - but
I did this to make sure that openafs and pam is working.

* HTTP/APACHE - I would like to be able to HTTP to my AFS server and login
with apache prompting for a username/password - I have no idea how to get that
going. I did find development on mod_waklog, but it only works on apache 1 -
and FC5 is apache 2. (I'm thinking of trying DAVFS..)

Appreciate any points or tips...

...deon