[OpenAFS-devel] aklog not compiling openafs-1.4.1

Derek Atkins warlord@MIT.EDU
Mon, 08 May 2006 23:33:07 -0400

Hi,

Quoting Jason Carr <jason@flacid.org>:

> I'm having some problems compiling openafs-1.4.1 on ArchLinux running
> 2.6.16 kernel.  I'm using heimdal 0.7.2.  I saw some earlier posts about
> aklog not compiling on RHEL, but this seems different.
>
> Any helpful hints would be greatly appreciated.  If more information is
> needed, I'd be happy to provide that information.
>
> Using this configure line: ./configure --prefix=/usr --sysconfdir=/etc
> --with-krb5-conf
>
> This is the error I am getting:
>
> make[3]: Entering directory
> `/home/jason/openafs/src/openafs-1.4.1/src/aklog'
> gcc -pipe -o aklog  -I/usr/include/heimdal -I/usr/include
[snip]

aklog built successfully, but:

> gcc -pipe
[snip]
> -c asetkey.c
> asetkey.c: In function 'main':

It is asetkey that's failing...   BUT, on a heimdal system configure
should disable asetkey.   So...  Something is wrong.  You shouldn't
be building setkey if indeed you have a heimdal-based system.

What's your config.log say?

-derek