[OpenAFS-devel] Announcement: Significant changes to Rx internals

Ken Hornstein kenh@cmf.nrl.navy.mil
Tue, 09 May 2006 14:35:47 -0400

>ss_family should always be available, though; it sort of has to be.

While it is if you have a struct sockaddr_storage, I avoided using it.
It seems like many of the techniques used for when you _don't_ have
struct sockaddr_storage (which generally involves replacing it with
sockaddr_in) get unhappy when you use ss_family; I got bit by some of
that when working on some of the MIT krb4 code.  I instead wrote a
macro called rx_ssfamily() which takes care of it for me.

--Ken