[OpenAFS-devel] Announcement: Significant changes to Rx internals

Ken Hornstein kenh@cmf.nrl.navy.mil
Fri, 12 May 2006 15:50:31 -0400

>> Many of you know that I have been working on adding a TCP transport for Rx.
>> That work has been progressing (not as fast as I would like, but forward
>> progress is being made).
>
>Do you have an RxTCP implementation that can send and receive messages
>yet? I'm interested in testing it out as a NetPIPE module, as well as
>seeing how well Sockets Direct (AF_INET_SDP) works with both TCP and
>UDP.

If by "send and receive messages", you mean, "within the context of
AFS applications", the answer is "no".  If you mean by itself, within
a test program, the answer is "yes"; this has been true for a while now.

It occurs to me that you don't have to wait for me to test out the Sockets
Direct code in the UDP case.  And it _looks_ like to me that you could use
RxTCP today as a NetPIPE module.  Admittedly, it will probably be more useful
when I get the new-world Rx code integrated into RxTCP; right now it's
behavior is kinda sub-optimal.

--Ken