[OpenAFS-devel] error: field 'Fid' has incomplete type

Derrick J Brashear shadow@dementia.org
Sat, 20 May 2006 18:09:03 -0400 (EDT)

On Fri, 19 May 2006, Jan Pospisil wrote:

>> I'm trying to build openafs-1.4.1 on i386_linux26 (debian) and I get the
>> following error:
>>
>> afs.h:157: error: field 'Fid' has incomplete type
>> afs.h:201: error: field 'fid' has incomplete type
>>
>> see attachment for the complete build output. I am not sure if it helps,
>> but the CPU type is K7 (AMD Athlon), on my notebook with PENTIUMM the
>> modules build without problems.
>
> Can someone help please? Or shell I submit it as a bug?

This isn't really a development issue unless you're hacking code.

However, that error suggests you somehow have non-AFS headers in your
include path interfering with the AFSFid type being defined.

Derrick