[OpenAFS-devel] Re: [CSL #301175] openafs-1.4.1 kernel panics

Harald Barth haba@pdc.kth.se
Tue, 30 May 2006 15:10:58 +0200 (MEST)

> > The 2.4.21 kernel host is a mail server, dual Xeon with 8GB of memory.

If a 32-bit kernel, your kernel memory is quite small compared to the
or so 7GB that you can not use for the kernel.

> We have been seeing the same problem since installing 1.4.1 on RedHat 9
> machines running 2.4.20-35.9smp.  I would appreciate any help in fixing
> this -- it takes down the cluster that has all our RW-only volumes
> on it.

Do you run client and server on the same machine? I rather don't.

(But of couse the client should not crash just because it can not
vmalloc more cred memory.)

Harald.