[OpenAFS-devel] pam-openafs-session error

Russ Allbery rra@stanford.edu
Wed, 29 Nov 2006 17:05:19 -0800

chechu chechu <chechuironman@hotmail.com> writes:

> hi...
> I have working openafs in my net...but I have a laptop with the module
> 1.4.2 and openafs-client 1.4.2 (kubuntu), and when I use dapper with
> 1.4.1 I got the tokens for each user when I log, but now I upgrade to
> edgy with 1.4.2 and the tokens are drop, i say drop cause I can log in
> the home directory in afs..but later i put tokens and i get no tokens...
> I compile the new pam-afs-sesion from russ albery web but it still no
> working...my conf files are:

This does sound a great deal like the problem with using aklog -setpag, so
initially I'd assume that my module would fix it, but that doesn't appear
to be the case.  I'm therefore not sure what's going on.  Could you modify
your PAM configuration to put the argument "debug" after both your
pam_krb5.so and your pam_afs_session.so invocations (both auth and
session) and then send the resulting syslog messages from a login?

pam_openafs_session prior to version 1.0-6 will definitely not work with
OpenAFS 1.4.2, and I doubt Edgy has imported the new Debian 1.0-6 packages
(particularly given that I only uploaded them yesterday).  You will need
to use my pam_afs_session module with 1.4.2 unless you want to grab the
new libpam-openafs-session packages from Debian unstable (in which case,
you really want 1.0-7, which I just uploaded about five minutes ago and
which therefore won't appear in the archive until tomorrow).