[OpenAFS-devel] Memcache on Irix

chas williams - CONTRACTOR chas@cmf.nrl.navy.mil
Fri, 20 Oct 2006 08:34:17 -0400

In message <20061019.165130.02433899.haba@habarber.pdc.kth.se>,Harald Barth wri
tes:
>	* Will memcache swap on Irix (I know it won't on Linux)

i dont think so.  the man page indicates that kmem_alloc() is a
limited resource and should be used judiciously.  if it could
swap/page i dont think they would say that.

>	* What arguments till afsd would you use?

-memcache

>	* What is the maximum memcache size on Irix

hard to say.  afs itself it only limited by the chunksize and number
of slots.  kmem_alloc() will likely have some limitation that you
run into first (like a static pool size based on a certain percentage
of physical memory).