[OpenAFS-devel] Strange hangs in openafs 1.4.1 linux 2.6.17.7

Jerry Lundström jerry.lundstrom@it.su.se
Tue, 12 Sep 2006 12:37:03 +0200

Tom Keiser wrote:
> The i/o timing characteristics of memcache/ramdisk are very different
> than a physical disk.  It's quite possible that these timing
> differences are allowing you to hit a race condition in the cache
> manager.  Is there any way you can provide us with a kernel stack
> backtrace for the process(es) which gets stuck in afs_cv_wait?
> Alternatively, could you provide us with an fstrace dump leading up to
> the deadlock?

If you give me hints how?

Any try I have made to get something from the process onces its stuck in
afs_cv_wait has been resultless. I have also tried getting SysRQ to work
but it doesn't really wanna work.

How should I run fstrace? and i'll get it going and try to hit a race again.

--
Jerry Lundström, System Developer
The Division of IT and media, Stockholm University, Sweden