[OpenAFS-devel] Odd Behavior with 1.4.2fc3

Jason McCormick jasonmc@cert.org
Thu, 14 Sep 2006 11:09:44 -0400

> i cant think of a good reason for the server to reply with VNOVNODE unless
> the local cache has become corrupted.  this would explain why the fs flush
> would clear up the problem (atleast for my case).

fs flush[v] does not clear up the problem for me.  I've even rebooted to
single-user mode and completely erased the contents of /usr/vice/cache.

> when you get a broken file, turn on fstrace and make an access to
> that file.  stop fstrace, fstrace dump the output and then get a
> copy of the cache manager contents with 'cmdebug localhost 7001 -long'
> 'fs examine' on the file would be useful as well.

I'll try that.  I don't debug AFS at this level regularly enough to be
savvy in these processes.  Thanks.

--
Jason McCormick <jasonmc@cert.org>
CERT Infrastructure Group