[OpenAFS-devel] Odd Behavior with 1.4.2fc3

Jason McCormick jasonmc@cert.org
Sat, 16 Sep 2006 13:56:14 -0400

Jason McCormick wrote:
> I'm running into two odd problems with 1.4.2fc3 that occur only on
> 1.4.2fc3.  Both hosts are Fedora 5 with the latest kernel.

I found another one.  Mounting a file in AFS in loopback (i.e. a CD
image) doesn't work anymore with 1.4.2fc3.  You can mount it and get
directory contents and access small files.  But any larger operations,
such as copying multiple large files out of the image fails.  Trying to
copy a file has resulted in several odd errors including "no such file
or device".  I get the following dmesg output:

loop: loaded (max 8 devices)
ISO 9660 Extensions: Microsoft Joliet Level 3
ISO 9660 Extensions: RRIP_1991A
ISO 9660 Extensions: Microsoft Joliet Level 3
ISO 9660 Extensions: RRIP_1991A
Buffer I/O error on device loop1, logical block 388
Buffer I/O error on device loop1, logical block 389
Buffer I/O error on device loop1, logical block 390
Buffer I/O error on device loop1, logical block 391
Buffer I/O error on device loop1, logical block 392

- Jason