[OpenAFS-devel] Odd Behavior with 1.4.2fc3

Jeffrey Hutzelman jhutz@cmu.edu
Mon, 18 Sep 2006 12:29:35 -0400

On Saturday, September 16, 2006 01:56:14 PM -0400 Jason McCormick
<jasonmc@cert.org> wrote:

> Jason McCormick wrote:
>> I'm running into two odd problems with 1.4.2fc3 that occur only on
>> 1.4.2fc3.  Both hosts are Fedora 5 with the latest kernel.
>
> I found another one.  Mounting a file in AFS in loopback (i.e. a CD
> image) doesn't work anymore with 1.4.2fc3.  You can mount it and get
> directory contents and access small files.  But any larger operations,
> such as copying multiple large files out of the image fails.  Trying to
> copy a file has resulted in several odd errors including "no such file
> or device".  I get the following dmesg output:

Can you give us enough information to reproduce this?
Exactly what kernel are you using?
Exactly how did you mount the filesystem?
Is the file someplace visible to me?
When _did_ it work?

-- Jeff