[OpenAFS-devel] Kerberos v5 Principal Names containing dots in the first component

Russ Allbery rra@stanford.edu
Mon, 06 Aug 2007 12:20:43 -0700

"Douglas E. Engert" <deengert@anl.gov> writes:

> What plan?  Is there a plan? All I have seen is this thread on what to
> do about K5 principal names with periods, and how this conflicts what
> the pts does with multiple part principals and how it uses a K4 style
> "."  as a separator.

There is a plan, which was developed as part of the rxgk work and I don't
think is broken out separately on the roadmap.

 * the desire to map multiple authentication names to a single AFS ID
   within the protection database

captures it somewhat, but I know there have been further discussions and a
somewhat more complete concept design.