[OpenAFS-devel] always too much to do, can anyone help?

Derrick J Brashear shadow@dementia.org
Thu, 23 Aug 2007 10:50:59 -0400 (EDT)

I have a bunch of issues which I'm trying to deal with all of quickly so
we can get em fixed and in a release, but of course there aren't enough
hours in the day, nor enough machines, and I figure perhaps some of you
are bored, have too much hardware, whatever (yeah right) so I might as
well ask. I'll happily coordinate, help, whatever.

1) spurious rxkad sealed inconsistent errors in the client followed by a
server being marked down. especially if you can reproduce it, i have a
patch for you to test. i have a test case which appears to need faster
hardware than i have.

2) afs_HashOutDCache panic ("dcache hc"). again, if you can reproduce it,
I have a patch for you to test

3) MacOS kernel panics produce a string of numbers in the panic log. Apple
Technote 2063 describes how to decode it. Perhaps someone has some free
time to script a decoder?

4) memcache panics, in afs_GetDownD from what will probably show up as
afs_cacheTrim on linux, the cache truncation daemon elsewhere. A simple
reliable reproducible case would help, if you're bored and want to fix it,
all the better. I don't believe it to be OS-specific.

If you have time, talk to me. email, AIM, Jabber, whatever.
Thanks.

Derrick