[OpenAFS-devel] OpenAFS client in Xen linux unpriviledged domain?

Chaskiel M Grundman cg2v@andrew.cmu.edu
Thu, 01 Feb 2007 12:47:35 -0500

--On Thursday, February 01, 2007 10:13:31 AM +0100 Jakub Witkowski
<jpw@wszib.edu.pl> wrote:

>  libafs: Unknown symbol init_level4_pgt
>
> As this is a private symbol directly related to kernel - Xen
> communication, I'm somewhat surprised that it ended up used in openAFS
> module.

openafs is referencing this symbol through the pgd_offset_k() macro in
<asm/pgtable.h>

I am not using a pure domU kernel (my system uses debian's xen-3.0.3 and
kernel 2.6.18-3-xen-amd64, which uses the same kernel for dom0 and domU),
but I can use use afs in a domU running this kernel. (init_level4_pgt is
exported and used in this configuration)