[OpenAFS-devel] Fixed 1.5.14 for PowerPC 32, but confused over ppc64 support

Marc Dionne marc.dionne@technoconseil.com
Mon, 05 Feb 2007 21:34:39 -0500

Jim Doyle wrote:
> For those who didnt notice, support in 1.4.2
> and 1.5.14 was broken for the ppc_linux26 platform.
> The problem is easily fixed by tweaking the build
> of liblwp.a to bring in the PPC assember from
> process.s
> rather than attempting to use the process.c (ucontext)
> code. Prior to this fix, all userland tools (fs, vos,
> servers, etc) would break with a characteristic LWP
> fault.

Are you sure that the code was actually using the ucontext interface?
USE_UCONTEXT doesn't seem to be defined in the PPC linux param header
files, so my guess is that you were using the setjmp based code and
getting bit by the glibc stack pointer mangling.  If that's the case, a
possible simple fix would be to define USE_UCONTEXT in
src/config/param.ppc_linux2x.h - as was done for i386 to tackle the same
problem.

Marc