[OpenAFS-devel] Re: Was: [OpenAFS] set client to refuse byte-range locks?

Adam Megacz megacz@cs.berkeley.edu
Sun, 11 Feb 2007 13:44:17 -0800

Matt Benjamin <matt@linuxbox.com> writes:
> way to do (either notion you suggested of ) what you want, but, it was
> easy to hack up a patch to do your first suggestion (I didn't want to
> think about the second one).

Once again, many thanks for this patch -- I sleep much more soundly at
night with it running.

For those running debian (with Russ Allbery's OpenAFS packages),
here's a quick way to get Matt's patch into your system:

  apt-get install apt-build module-assistant dpkg

  apt-build build-source --patch \
     /afs/megacz.com/debian/patches/matt-benjamin-disable-fake-locks.patch \
     openafs-client=1.4.2-4

  dpkg -i /var/build/openafs-modules*.deb /var/build/openafs-client*.deb

  module-assistant auto-install -s -t openafs-modules

  - a