[OpenAFS-devel] Refactoring the Solaris libafs code base

Jim Rees rees@umich.edu
Tue, 2 Jan 2007 22:17:28 -0500

I just checked the v7 command source.  System includes aren't always first,
but they are usually grouped together with either types.h or param.h first.

I don't know the history of style(9) but I know it's in all the bsds now.

  If someone does this, they may also want to do something
  about the "h/" stuff, especially in rxgen.  In V7 unix
  (way way back when) h/ held what then got copied into
  /usr/include/sys .  Modern OpenBSD perpetuates this interesting
  design decision in the symlink farm that's created inside
  of libafs, and rxgen has incredibly detailed knowlege of
  what's here & what it defines.

I tried to fix this once and gave up.  I would dearly love to see the
symlink farm go away.  At least we now have a single copy of the source.
Back in Transarc days, the source files would get copied to the dest tree
when you built.  This made it impossible to just build the kernel module,
and made it possible to edit one copy of the source while the compiler was
building the other copy.