[OpenAFS-devel] macintosh

Marcus Watts mdw@umich.edu
Fri, 05 Jan 2007 08:27:44 -0500

Um.  Is src/packaging/MacOS/buildpkg.sh actually supposed to
produce an installable thing?  In 1.5.12?  Or in any version?

My first problem is that I have no idea how it's supposed to be
configured to locate all its files at runtime.  For the moment
I'm using:
	afslogsdir=/private/var/db/openafs \
	sh configure \
		--enable-transarc-paths \
		--prefix=/Library/OpenAFS/Tools \
		--infodir=/usr/share/info \
but that's almost certainly wrong...

The script itself has one thing I think is a bug but I'm not sure
how it's supposed to work;
	cp InstallationCheck.$majorvers $PKGRES/InstallationCheck
	mkdir -p $PKGRES/English.lproj
-->	cp InstallationCheck $PKGRES/English.lproj
	chmod a+x $PKGRES/InstallationCheck
this source file doesn't exist.  It disappeared sometime before 1.5.11,
but looks like a copy of InstallationCheck.8 from 2 lines before.

and another that is clearly a bug but at least I understand
how to fix it:
	hdiutil convert -format UDZO TMP.dmg -o $CURDIR/OpenAFS.dmg
should read
	hdiutil convert -format UDZO $CURDIR/TMP.dmg -o $CURDIR/OpenAFS.dmg
(it's in $CURDIR/src/packaging/MacOS when it runs this command.)

Now I get something that blows up with a box that says this:
	There were errors installing the software
	Please try installing again.
No clue as to what blew up.  No pointer to help log file.
I suppose it might have blown up on the missing InstallationCheck - if
that's even what it wants to do...
Ugh.

				-Marcus Watts